Remote employment is a rapidly growing culture. Remote employment, also known as telecommuting has become a preferable option for the employers & employees of late. In the coming years half of the total manpower would be telecommuting. Though it’s a good choice but not everyone can opt for remote employment. If someone is technically equipped, that doesn’t mean that he/she can choose remote employment. There are some other professional skills required to go for the same.
When we talk about the hiring process, we need to create a technique that helps us identify the best possible candidates in least time, who can share the responsibilities with the onsite workers. In order to select such reliable & competent candidates, we need to remember six factors. Let’s discuss the pointers one by one:
- As these remote employees will be working from home, they cannot walk up to the managers or bosses every time they get stuck up. Hence, to perform their job effectively & in a timely manner, they need to be able to set their own objective & also should be committed towards meeting the same.
- In order to work from home the employees need to focus more on results than time. The mark of a good telecommuter is to finish work within the set timeframe & shift to the nest assignment.
- A good remote employee needs to be a quick learner. He/she needs to identify their own learning needs therefore find contends & resources to train himself/herself according to the need.
- A remote employee needs to work alone & individually with no direct interaction with peers, colleagues & bosses. Therefore, they should have the ability to plan & schedule their work & religiously follow that.
- As discussed, the employees need to work on their own without any constant feedback. So the person needs to have god problem solving skills & confidence.
- The person need to be technically sound as they need to work continuously via internet & with different sites, they should be convincing enough with the use & application.
As remote employment is slowly & steadily becoming an important part of the global work scenario, recruiters need to be careful while selecting the candidates following the above mentioned points to make the new work culture a success.