It is your resume that keeps you ahead of your closest rivals in the ultimate battle to seek that dream job that you have aspired for long. Resume reflects your true self and helps the employer to ascertain whether you will be a profitable asset of the company or not. A resume is like a professional biography through which you need to convey to the employer why they should consider you for the post you applied for. Your resume should be in accordance with the job you have applied for and irrespective of the post of a manager or an executive the resume layout and content should be apt. Most people don’t make it because of their improper resumes.
You can follow some important tips that will fetch you that interview call. Always remember that before looking out for jobs in the market, you need to focus on your resume. Your resume should be such that it says you are worthy of getting the job.
- Resumes have different types and formats. It makes or breaks your first impression. A resume is like a virtual face to face interview. So, it is absolutely essential that you place your right image through it. For an executive post the resume should be having a cover letter with career highlights along with reverse chronological order of experiences. Mid-level job resumes do not require cover letter. As for fresher’s resume, it should begin with education and any trainee job. The font should be Times New Roman with font size 10pt or 12pt.
- It is better to avoid executive summaries and use bullet points to convey your skills. The skills should be stated in a clear and crisp manner to show the recruiter what makes you fit for the job post.
- Everyone exaggerates on their resume to get that interview call. But do not add-up so much that it reaches the point of lying. Do not falsify figures that you will not be able to back up with relevant documents. Remember that recruiter these days do check up everything with previous employers.
- If you are looking to write a great resume then you can take help from certain online websites which have sample resumes. You will find lots of information on different types of resume formats. So you are always welcome to try these for free. You can also make use of free templates that these websites provide. All you need to do is to fill in the blanks. But, make sure that you fill out the one that fits your need.
- If these tips doesn’t work for you or you fail to make use of them, then you can go ahead and hire a professional resume writer. A professional writer will charge you a fee but by taking help of resume writer will increase your chances of getting job interview. These professionals can also help you out to overcome the job hopping problems with their professional know-how. So put your best efforts to make your resume speak for you rather than you doing all the talking.