Hiring process for jobs in India, these days is adapting newer trends and once such new practice of today is interviews being taken through video-conferencing. A video-conferencing interview is quite similar in nature to a normal personal interview, and cost and time effective as well. The interviewer-interviewee are face-to-face and and thus, interviewer can observe and read you answering questions, your body-language and other behavioral traits. And thus the theories and preparations applicable are to a personal interview work here as well.
And thus to take a hold on the video-conferencing thereby is very important and for that you need to take care of few points, listed below:-
- Being visible to your interviewer, follow all the guidelines and principles of a personal interview, from formal attire to body-language and eye contact, everything.
- Try a VC session in advance to get aware of the ambiance and thus, how to go about.
- Keep the technical expert at hand for help, if need be.
- The camera must be properly set and focused on the main chair, its advisable to get the settings done by the expert.
- Position the microphone such that the sound-quality would be clear and audible at the other end.
- Keep the micro phone mute when not speaking, to avoid disturbances and vice-versa.
- Light set-up must be adequate in the hall so that the you as well as surrounding is visible.
- Keep mobile phone switched-off not to disturb the signal and interview.
- Keep the needful remotes at a proper and accessible distance.
- And never forget that your visible and being watched, so do take care of the cleanliness of the surroundings.
- Do not disturb the camera setting, setting is done as per requirement.
- Do not take the micro-phone in hand or change its position.
- Do not entertain calls or other personal issues, while the interview is in process.
- Do not take things casual, it being a video conferencing, as you are well visible and so are all your activities.
- Do not switch-on your phone.
- Do not leave your seat while the interview is going-on.
- Do not put any extra load on the UPS being used for conferencing.
- Do not panic or get nervous, its just a normal interview, and instead of sitting face-to-face in body, your interviewers are there on the screen.