Organization incurs a large amount of expenses on its employees, while recruiting, then training and finally retaining and remunerating them. Human Resource being the most significant asset for an organization, management takes it under great consideration and adopts a lot of practices/policies and programs for their optimization. The expenses done thereby is taken as an investment and like any other invest return from it is expected and looked forward to.
Thereby the responsibility of justifying your position and remuneration lies on your shoulders. And to meet your managements’ expectations and justify your existence in the team, you must abide by the following principles:
- Be participative and get involved in team work and company projects. Volunteer for them and show your enthusiasm in the work.
- Take initiatives, when ever stuck in some problem or volunteering is required, instead of waiting for your seniors to hand pick and you may escape preferably.
- Know your company’s goals and targets and how your profile and job-responsibilities are contributing to it and accordingly focus and line-up your efforts in the same direction.
- Anticipate your boss’s/management’s requirement and thereby forecasting the requirements, work-out the solutions and offer them to your boss. Make your presence felt where and when needed.
- Be active and alert in the environment, stay current and updated about company’s policies, projects, market situation(s), etc…
- Drive your own growth following the root map of the company’s policies and sharpening your skills, developing newer and transferable skills. If possible try various job roles and responsibilities.
- Come-up with ideas to increase your productivity and push your efforts towards company’s growth. Try new formulas for problem solving and offer your viable ideas to your superiors.
- Collaborate with other teams wherever required and maintain a healthy relationship with other team members and inter-department as well.
- Be a consistent performer and maintain a steady performance graph and avoid fluctuations or seasonal performance, at times doing wonders while otherwise being invisible.