As per the recent survey, it has been found that almost sixteen million people globally have lost their job. The situation is getting even worse as more & more people biting the dust due to the global recession. People all over are failing to figure out on how to get a job where the number of layoffs is getting higher than the jobs available. The situation was not that bad earlier and not even in the past 50 years or so. Most people will tell you that not a single company is hiring but keep in mind these golden rules which will help to get a job amidst this precarious situation. These rules will not only help you to get a job, but the one that you desire.
- You will have to remain positive and decide that you will get a job even in this worst market situation. Eliminate any other option that you are thinking of. Unemployment must be treated as a plague and not any option. Being unemployed will not help matters in the future and it can ruin your job prospects in the long run.
- It is absolutely critical that you replace the lost job with a job as quickly as possible rather than wasting any more time. If this means that you will have to slog for hours a day to find a job then do it.
- If you land up in a job which you consider not worth, even then hold on to it. This is simply because it is better to stay connected in a job rather than having no job at all.
- Do not pay attention to people who believe that there is no job available in the market. Remember that companies always on the look-out for productive people who can help their organization to grow. The fact of the matter is that most companies are still operating in the market where sixteen million people have been out of work. Stay away from all the negative unemployed people who are always moaning about lack of job opportunities. These people will affect you in a negative way.
- It would be a wrong move to rely completely on your CV to get a job. Moreover your resume should be updated with all your latest accomplishments, but it alone won’t be sufficient to get you a job. Organizations hire serious and productive people who will help it to march forward and not resumes.
- It is advised that you look for a job on your own rather than others helping to get you one. No one can represent you well in front of recruiters and headhunters. It is you who will have to take the initiative on your own.
- Do not always go through the HR department as half the chance of getting a job goes to waste. It is better to knock the doors of decision makers to get a job.
- These are some of the ways to get a job, even if the job market isn’t favorable.