Several websites and guides help job hunters work less and do more. They need to be motivated and moving and consider organization and productivity. When you are job hunting, you do not want to go through piles of papers while hunting and pursuing jobs. Being well organized will help you get a good job and will not waste your time and effort too.
Tips to stay well organized during job hunting
- Keep a track record of people you meet. Have a good contact management system. Remember, a job hunt is all about meeting different kinds of people. You need to keep a track of people you meet the emails you receive and send or sent and notes from conversation.
- In addition to this, you also need to file and arrange the results of your research work that you will be doing during your job hunt. Make different folders so that you are able to identify things and figures easily.
- Create separate file folders for different industries or sectors depending on the field of your search. If you are looking for two different careers, you should make two different folders for them.
- If your job hunt is based on different locations, make folders in that manner.
- These files will help you track opportunities and companies. You can name your most important folders in the name of different companies. Once you have applied for the selected ones, you can move them into folder that is for applied companies.
- Create folders and label them according to your ease and convenience. It can be named as contacts, opportunities, applications, interviews and so on.
When you meet someone new or you come to know that there is an opportunity open for you, keep the information on the top. Remember to make necessary changes as and when required.