Communication is the basic requirement of human being. It enables you express your emotions, inform your requirements, react to the environment and so on.. Communication though taken synonymously to speaking, is not just babbling of words, but it is much more.
Communication skill is an integral and most important part of your personality. It is highly instrumental in boosting your confidence, facilitates you impress others and make a mark wherever you go.
To use your communication skills in the best possible manner and be effective, you must take care of following points:
- Know your audience, and speak according to the situation. Use the word and phrases apt to the situation and speak only what is required, avoid being a out-speaker.
- Connecting to audience is very important, as while communicating not only good speaking is required, but you need to deliver your meaning and intentions as well to your audience.
- Being a patient listener as well is important for a good communicator, as unless you will listen to others, you wont be able to understand the communication requirements.
- Empathy, helps you understand other’s situation and guess the person’s reactions as well. And thereby you get better chances of connecting to the people.
- Being diplomatic, helps you mold your communication according to the situation, enhancing your chances of
- Be polite and humble while communicating, as rude and indifferent attitude would disinterest or even turn off your audience.
- Rapport building and spell bounding are two features of communication, which are highly effective but rare to be found. But perfection has no limit and practice only makes a man perfect, so try and learn to be so.
- Welcome the feedback, as completion of the communication cycle is very important unless your audience’s feedback comes to you, your communication is incomplete. Moreover feedback, helps you know the loopholes and correct the same.
- It is also suggested to forget the past bad experiences, and always start a fresh. Learn from your mistakes and sharpen your skills.
- And use the language you are comfortable with and compliment your communication with appropriate body language and voice modulation.