Performance appraisals are important as well as influential for both employees and employers. It is not that these ratings help decide the next boss or team leader, the organization also assures the employees to be treated fairly and at the same time it increases the credibility of the organization too.
Benefits of performance appraisal
- Helps get a focused approach on deliverables and its measurements both for employees and employer
- Helps enhance skills and proficiency of employees
- To find opportunity for recommendations for apt training and development programs
- Various support and counseling sessions are also offered and arranged
- It gives a great platform for exchange of thoughts
- Good place to motivate and this adds to the enthusiasm of the employees
- Current performance level and future prospective are discussed
- Feedback of manager and organization is shared
- Employees understand their strengths as well as areas of improvement needed
- Helps create, decide and workout the growth chart for next year
Usually the employees fear filling out the appraisal form. However, this can be helped out by having transparency and acquiring better techniques.
How to fill out the performance appraisal form
- Have a balanced and professional approach
- Give formal feedback regarding the organization and system to immediate senior
- Attend any training session regarding filling out the form
- Do not hesitate to discuss matters related to the growth of organization
- Be honest and accurate and avoid any kind of exalted and lofty language
Performance appraisal helps both employees and employers and it adds up to the growth and development of individuals and organization as well. The main intention of these appraisal forms and the process is to minimize the surprises at the end of the year. It fills up the gap and helps strengthen the career of people working there.