The Middle East is the collective name used for the countries of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Morocco, Turkey and others. These countries are strategically located in the oil rich parts of the world and hence have a considerable influence over the world economy. Due to their formidable financial strength they present a host of job opportunities which attract applicants from all over the world even from countries like the United States of America.
Research reports have suggested that there are hundreds of job applicants who travel to the Middle East in search of prospective job opportunities and end up living their entire lives there.
Major Job sectors
- Information technology (IT)
- Management consulting
- Hotel management
- Media and information broadcasting
- Oil and gas industries
Benefits of job opportunities in Middle East
- High salaries in almost every sector.
- High standard of living.
- These countries are a cultural potpourri so the workers can live within their own cultural and ethnic groups. Cities like Dubai have become an example of a global village where people of all religions and cultures can live.
Things to remember
In spite of the mind boggling benefits and the tempting remuneration there certain facts that one should be aware of and consider before taking up a job in the Middle East.
Getting citizenship to these countries are practically impossible. Most workers work there on work visas or permits. News reports have indicated that different sectors of Dubai such as airline sector and Human resources sectors have lots of vacancies and are looking for potential candidates every year.
How to land a job in the Middle East
- Be updated with the classifieds section of the leading newspapers in that particular country.
- Enlist yourself with a recruitment agency
- Browse through online job search engines and web portals.