An interview question, is not a simple question seeking an answer, but it actually targets at bringing out your thought process, your analytical approach, your behavioral traits and much more. Many a times right answer to a question does not matters so much, as does your approach to the question and whether you attempted or not. Few questions are formulated basically to read your reaction and response only. Thus to be effective in interview, following tips will help you answer better and effective:
- Be attentive, listen patiently and let the interviewer finish hi question. Do not interrupt in between. And if you have any doubts or you did not understood the question, clear clear about it first.
- Be precise and accurate with regard to dates and other such references. Answer in brief and to the point and need not explain a lot. Use proper and relevant words and phrases and try to keep the conversation friendly.
- Be open and clear, while answering. Your answers represent your personality and thoughts and so be sure how you represent yourself.
- Be focused while answering and adhere to subject-matter and do not deviate trying to be impressive or to showcase your knowledge.
- Be calm and patient and answer when asked to. Do not get too exited knowing the answer cutting the interviewer in between the question at once and dropped in silent at the other question not knowing the answer.
- Keep optimistic approach while giving answers, this will help you get a good impression. As positive thinking helps you foresee the situation and formulate solutions and spot the opportunities and strengths in tough times.
- Be analytical and logical in your answers, and back your answers with examples and facts, as that would establish your authenticity.
- Do supplement your answers with appropriate body language and posture. Keep smiling but do not laugh unnecessarily or move your hands awkwardly.